Location: Ashley, Indiana
Role: Refinery Operator – Fuel Upgrade System | Department: Plastics Operations | Reports to: Refinery Manager/Supervisor
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
The Operator is responsible for assisting the Refinery Manager/Supervisor with all production activities in accordance with safety and environmental requirements. The operator assists with monitoring process operations, meeting plant safety, production, and environmental goals, maintaining records, communicating key information between shifts, and maintaining current, thorough, and usable operating procedures.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and monitoring of the Fuel Upgrade System
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Operate, monitor, and control an automated continuous flow refinery
- Log hourly: flows, levels, temperatures, and pressures of flow of used oil through each process stage. Monitor built in safety devices such as high temperature limits, high- and low-pressure devices, overflow devices, level control devices, fire depression devices.
- Develops plans and job scopes for unit outages with maintenance and prepare equipment for maintenance.
- Initiate proper adjustments to flow and temperature controls to maintain safety and quality of oil being processed.
- Collecting samples for process monitoring and drawing samples for process laboratory testing
- Responsible for the quality of finished product being produced which includes sampling and making proper adjustments to stay within set parameters of finished product.
- Tank farm management (blending, tank monitoring)
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Communication of change in the plant to all key parties
- Participate in hazard reviews, project meetings
- Provide oversite of plant utility needs with respect to sampling, reporting, and operation (Cooling towers, Hydrogen Plant, and Hot oil system)
- Make changes to the operating process to maintain product quality
- Operate control room instrumentation systems
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
- Start-up / shut-down process equipment
- Peer review hot work and confined space permits as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor or team leader, including housekeeping practices.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of refinery or chemical plant experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills, oral, and written
- Knowledge of process flows and controls
- Ability to work flexible hours meaning swing shift, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift, connect, and disconnect heavy hoses
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Certified in all production operator positions in both Liquid and Solids area.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management is preferred
- Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams through professional, respect and focus on high standards
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance, and coaching.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation