Location: Ashley, IN | Role: Maintenance Manager | Department: Maintenance | Reports to: Plant Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager to join the Ashley, IN Plastics Renewal team. The candidate will be responsible for overall management of the maintenance of the plant, with specific focus on mechanical, electrical, and ground functions.
- Provide strategic and operational direction and decision making to the maintenance team members in support of company goals.
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Support turnaround and shutdown planning and execution through active participation in scope development, providing justification for work items, and providing support during commissioning of equipment, shutdowns/startups, and outage timeframes.
- Assuring team members performs work safely and in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Responsible to drive implementation/continuous improvement to assure the safety/quality/quantity of the products produced.
- Establishes and manages a computerized maintenance management system for tracking orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Drive effectiveness of the storeroom and spare parts inventory to ensure that needed parts are available.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all equipment through the use of preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Work with the cross-functional leadership team to prioritize plant needs, ensure weekly maintenance scheduled work is planned and manage day-to-day maintenance support to the plan.
- Develop and manage the maintenance operating and capital project budgets and supports other departments with developing spending plans.
- Oversee and manage expenditures and continuously track, manage, and adjust spending to ensure performance to budget plans.
- Participates in setting strategic directions, policies, and assist in overall decision-making, regarding operations of the entire facility as a contributing member of the Management team.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, train, and develop maintenance employees creating collaborative and engaged teams.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, lead shutdown planning, review all pending inspections prior to shut down and conduct daily formal meetings with operations and maintenance team during shutdown periods.
- Responsible for managing preventive and predictive maintenance initiatives and programs.
- Manages maintenance labor and expense to meet plant budget.
- Manage all personnel issues within the maintenance department including employee complaints and concerns, disciplinary activities, performance reviews, and training needs.
- Participates in construction and start-up responsibilities.
- Maintain the plant utilities and consumables.
- Oversee contracts with service providers to maintain outsourced plant functions where appropriate.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of a high-quality, high-preforming, and diverse workforce.
- Consistent with the Preventive Maintenance Program, able to optimize warehouse inventory stocking levels to ensure needed spares are on hand available and that excess parts inventory is minimized.
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization on maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, corporate Safety, Environmental and Quality standards, and leading industry practices.
- Responsible for ensuring all company policies, rules and guidelines are being followed and administered in a fair and consistent manner.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Drives a culture of safety, setting expectations, standards, and reinforcing positive.
- Drives continuous improvement by adhering to all Company policies and procedures, assuring safety, quality and quantity of products produced.
- Develops a plan of action to correct issues, ultimately leading successful efforts to correct identified needs.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of progressive maintenance experience in refinery, chemical, petrochemical, or industrial facility preferred.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
- Hands on experience with assembly, troubleshooting and installation of equipment such as umps, drives, exchangers, compressors, burner systems, conveyors, shedders, pelletizers, and extruders is preferred.
- Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams through professional, respect and focus on high standards.
- Knowledge of ISO14000 and ISO 9001 is preferred.
- Align and drive deliverables through safety and core value leadership.
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance, and coaching.
- Knowledge of the core principles of 5-S, Six Sigma or lean manufacturing and waste reduction.
- Strong working knowledge of Process Safety Management and Continuous Improvement methods.
- $135,000-$145,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.