Location: San Francisco, CA/Remote
Role: Technical Development Manager | Department: Technical Services | Reports to: Director of Technical Development
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Technical Development Manager to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) TechnicalServices team. The candidate is expected to support the team by overseeing the design, development, implementation, and optimization of anaerobic digestion projects from project inception to handoff to the construction team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, and create detailed project plans.
- Conduct feasibility studies, site assessments, and technical evaluations of our RNG sites in construction and operations to troubleshoot and identify solutions.
- Provide financial model inputs and assumptions with respect to biogas facility capital expenditures and operating costs.
- Develop a suite of tools and resources that help the business assess, price, and optimize early stagebiogas projects quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate effectively with internal origination, project development, procurement, project finance, environmental health and safety, and construction management teams for projects that are ready to move into construction.
- Develop relationships and contracting mechanisms with important suppliers, including key OEMs, EPC providers, technical consultants, engineering firms, and others.
- Complete technical modeling to predict mass balances, system sizing, biogas production, and basis of design.
- Interpret conceptual process flow diagrams, functional design specifications, P&IDs, electrical one-line diagrams, and major equipment Bill of Materials.
- Apply knowledge of Project Management and Engineering Management Processes.
- Utilize experience and understanding of engineering and contracting practices in new greenfield RNG projects.
- Demonstrate familiarity with energy markets (electricity and natural gas) and legislative and regulatory issues affecting RNG energy project development, including RIN and LCFS markets.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Well defined scope and RFP packages distributed to contractors.
- Robust vetting and diligence completed on selected contractors.
- Stakeholder engagement on key decision points through contract development.
- Strong commercial contracts executed for Anaerobic Digestion project.
- Complete handoff to construction team and project manager of execution.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- A university degree in chemical, civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical project development experience in biogas, renewable natural gas, hydrogen, or other green fuel product.
- Track record of supporting infrastructure projects that have successfully advanced through financing, construction, and operations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity to learn quickly about a new, high growth sector
- Demonstrated ability to manage the demands of multiple projects and work collaboratively on a cross functional team with origination, development, construction, legal, finance, operations, environmental health and safety, procurement, and asset management.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-30% on average but more as required by projects
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent in creating, summarizing, and presenting information logically for executive decision making.
- A desirable certification such as PMP, PE, or MBA is a plus.
- $94,000.00 – $157,000.00 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.