Location: San Francisco, CA
Brightmark, a leader in the waste-to-energy market, is looking for a Structured Finance Analyst / Senior Analyst to join our San Francisco team (flexibility to work remotely) to support its renewable natural gas (RNG) business. The Structured Finance Analyst / Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for the creation and periodic updating of financial proformas dedicated to forecasting the long-term performance of Brightmark’s current and prospective waste-to-energy projects. In addition, this role will require participating in weekly meetings with a wide variety of internal stakeholders as well as coordinating their efforts in order to produce accurate project assumptions.
This role will also be responsible for assisting in the execution of equity and debt financings, as well as performing due diligence on acquisitions and new initiatives. The Structured Finance Analyst / Senior Analyst will work cross-functionally in the organization and interact with executives, lenders, and investors. This role reports to the Manager of Structured Finance and will also assist in implementing tools and processes to support Brightmark’s high growth environment. To be successful in this role, you must be a curious, detail-oriented, and collaborative individual with effective communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a startup environment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models used to determine the economic viability of waste-to-energy projects, corporate financing efforts, new strategic initiatives, and acquisitions
- Prepare analysis and periodic economic forecasts of monthly cash flow, net income, and taxable income for a project’s expected useful life
- Perform and coordinate due diligence on projects/portfolios & financings
- Participate in the execution of equity and debt financings
- Assist in the management of key financing relationships, including joint venture partners, gas marketers, investment bankers, and lenders
- Work on special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows
Success Will Look Like
- Owning project assumptions and building complex financial forecasts on a timely basis that accurately predict the project’s performance
- Performing due diligence and insightful financial analyses to optimize the value of the company’s projects
- Actively participating in achieving the company’s growth plan by closing transactions
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Offering help proactively to other teams to help improve organizational processes
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting/Economics or related field
- 2+ years of experience and/or training in creating and maintaining financial models in Excel
- High proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (Word and PowerPoint in particular)
- Strong analytical, planning, process management, and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Persistent problem-solver who can resolve problems independently, effectively, and efficiently with other internal teams. Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple, ongoing assignments on a timely basis and keep management informed of changes to timelines
- Ability to work effectively as a teammate in a rapidly growing, diverse, and entrepreneurial business environment, effectively collaborating and sharing knowledge with various departments and levels throughout the organization
Preferred Skills / Experience
- 4+ years of experience and/or training in creating and maintaining financial models in Excel
- Prior experience in modeling complex revenues, expenses, or tax benefits from energy projects
- Prior experience in the origination, development, project financing, construction, or asset management of energy or infrastructure projects
Our planet is in need of environmental solutions, and we don’t have time to waste. Today, there are brilliant people creating solutions at Brightmark that can change our course and renew our world.
We started in 2016 as a group of engineers who decided to turn our attention from other corporate ventures to being part of some of the most transformative innovations in our fight for the environment.
Through science-first approaches and powerful partnerships, Brightmark is transforming organic waste into renewable natural gas and creating innovative approaches to plastics renewal. And there is more to come.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It has not been designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brightmark is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.