Location: San Francisco, CA/Hybrid
Role: Staff Accountant | Department: Finance | Reports to: Senior Manager, Accounting
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Finance Team. This position will have responsibility for performing month-end close tasks and reconciliations for our Plastics Renewal business and will perform certain month-end close tasks to support the Corporate and Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) accountants.
- Prepare journal entries and perform additional accounting procedures necessary to achieve an accurate and timely multi-entity month-end close.
- Maintain and update supporting schedules and monthly reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Assist with various areas of the company’s operational accounting, recording daily journals and creating supporting schedules.
- Prepare schedules and provide support documentation for external auditors related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Cross-functional collaboration with FP&A, Accounts Payable, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, and Plastics Operations teams to ensure proper accounting and financial reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Effective team player with interest in playing a key role in the success of a fast-growing company.
- Ability to apply critical thinking when approaching assigned tasks, with the goal of improving quality and streamlining processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy, and ability to document work clearly and concisely.
- Persistence and strong communication skills to resolve problems effectively and efficiently with others across the business.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Substantive experience in an accounting or finance position required.
- US GAAP accounting experience and participating in effective internal controls over financial reporting a plus.
- Public Accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with an ERP system, Sage Intacct and SAP Business One software is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel), with knowledge of and experience using advanced features.
- $90,000-$110,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation