Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Founded in 2016, Brightmark LLC is one of the fastest-growing and most innovative waste‐to‐energy companies in the United States. Backed by major private equity investor(s) and drawing on the substantial experience and successful track record of its executive management team in clean energy generation (over 25,000 tons of CO2 offset to date), Brightmark is on a mission to be the preeminent developer, owner, and operator of waste‐to‐energy projects in the United States. Brightmark’s 5‐year strategic goal is to develop and own a diverse portfolio of such generation assets that will allow the private company to go public or merge with a major industry counterparty at an equity valuation in excess of $1 billion. Brightmark is selectively looking to expand its corporate team with individuals who thrive in a fast-growing, team-oriented, entrepreneurial business culture and who share its commitment on being the best U.S.-based waste‐to‐energy provider. Brightmark’s culture is progressive and encourages green business practices.
The position is challenging and offers a pathway to Senior Accountant. Excellent opportunity to get exposure to every aspect of the business.
- Perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely multi‐entity month‐end close. Duties will include the preparation of standard journal entries for certain projects, as well as support schedules for certain accounts.
- Preparation of selected monthly and quarterly reconciliation of general ledger accounts and analysis of financial statements, including intercompany transaction accounting and reconciliations.
- Preparation of sales and local tax filings and support schedules across the organization.
- Assist with ad‐hoc projects as requested, and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes.
- Preparation of support schedules for, and expect regular interaction with, external auditors and tax consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Experience in an accounting or finance position is a plus.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting.
- Effective team player with the ability to work well independently in a fast‐growing company.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy, and ability to document work clearly and concisely.
- Persistence and strong communication skills are needed in order to resolve problems effectively and efficiently with others across the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel), with knowledge of advanced features such as pivot tables and lookups.
- Experience with an ERP system, Intacct is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org