Location: Ashley, IN
The Solids Supervisor position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations on the inbound raw material on the Solid’s Team side, including production processes, proper staffing, scheduling, workflows, quality control, and safety issues. Responsible for ensuring departmental productivity and performance objectives are met. Ensures all production-related reporting is accurately prepared and forwarded to the appropriate person(s). Selects, trains, directs, evaluates, and drives the team to set and achieve goals. This position is a hands-on, working supervisory position.
This position reports to the Maintenance/Solids Manager of Brightmark Plastics Renewal plant in Ashley, Indiana
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute Brightmark’s core values and vision.
- Manage the Solids Team operations in a safe, environmentally compliant, and effective manner.
- Instruct Solids Team Members in the use and care of housekeeping equipment and supplies. Detect and report defective equipment and other issues. Assure equipment and storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly condition, and that all prescribed and standard safety and sanitation rules are followed.
- Ensure proper staffing levels and develop a high-performing team-based environment.
- Oversee personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- In coordination with the Maintenance/Solids Manager establishes operation goals and metrics for the Solids Team.
- Coordinate with Maintenance/Solids Manager on preventative maintenance schedules. Prioritizes repair and maintenance work to minimize disruption of operations.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance.
- Adhere to the annual operating budget.
- Drive an environment of Safety, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure that standardized work practices are exercised daily, including Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordination of schedules with suppliers on incoming material
- Assure a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides support to the operations on a 24/7 basis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Able to direct a diverse team
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success, and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with high-performing teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high-performance teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
All Brightmark associates are responsible and accountable for:
- Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment, and risk control.
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Plastics Renewal Plant is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org