Location: San Francisco, CA
The Senior Manager, Environmental Compliance is responsible for creating, administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of environmental management systems to ensure the compliance of all Brightmark sites with federal, state, and local environmental regulations. This role will be responsible to manage all environmental permitting from development, through construction and into operations. Additionally, this role will manage interactions with 3rd party partners about environmental compliance, including, but not limited to environmental consultants, operations management, and EPC partners.
This role reports to the Senior Director, EHS.
- Creates and Implements Environmental policies & procedures.
- Leads EHS department in the development of programs ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements as well as the creation of environmental improvement plans.
- Work with personnel on site to ensure compliance with all site environmental permits.
- Ensures accurate completion and timely submittal of regulatory compliance submittals, reports, and notifications.
- Monthly compilation and analysis of KPI data to ensure compliance with operating permits and regulatory requirements, and management systems.
- Ensures completion of regulatory permitting projects for development, construction projects and facility upgrade and/or expansions.
- Ensure creation and adherence to Environmental Compliance Calendar.
- Functions as the Management Sponsor and oversees the development, implementation, and on-going practices for the site’s Environmental Management Systems.
- Acts as site’s lead during compliance audits/inspections from local, State and Federal personnel.
- Act as subject matter expert and BM spokesperson for permitting needs, including deviations, exemptions, reporting and clean-up requirements.
- Review and advise on all relevant Environmental documentation for development project and / or mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensure all Environmental incidents are properly contained and investigated to root cause determination, corrective actions are implemented, and reporting is completed.
- Previous multi-site Environmental Compliance experience dealing with high hazards sites
- 5 plus years Environmental Compliance experience required – oil and gas and/or chemical manufacturing facilities preferred.
- Experience managing various permit types across multiple sites and jurisdictions
- Experienced in management of an environmental consultants, EPC contractors, and 3rd party vendors and operations.
- Experience in creating and management of various environmental programs.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Above average proficiency in Clean Air Act regulations, proficient in waste, wastewater regulations and waste regulations and requirements.
- Strong oral and written communications, including the ability to effectively present to both large and small groups.
- Familiarity with Tier II reporting, TRI reporting, EPCRA and CFATS preferred.
- Technical Environmental Procedural writing background required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, but not required
- Audit job task and work locations and recommend / implement improvements
- Ability to problem solve and lead by example
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to be able to communicate with trades, construction and project management and leadership.
- Ability to work independently but also take direction as needed.
- Ability to travel to construction and operational sites for auditing and in-person meetings as needed
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com