Location: San Francisco, CA | Role: Senior Accountant | Department: Finance | Reports To: Senior Manager, Accounting
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting & Finance Team. This position will have responsibility for performing month-end close tasks and reconciliations for entities within our Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) business.This position is expected to be based in the San Francisco office from 2-3 days per week.
- Prepare journal entries and perform additional accounting procedures necessary to achieve an accurate and timely multi-entity month-end close.
- Maintain and update supporting schedules and monthly reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for all accounting for up to three operational RNG entities, including creating supporting schedules and performing calculations to ensure proper recording of revenue and expenses.
- Prepare schedules and provide support documentation for external auditors related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Cross-functional collaboration with FP&A, Accounts Payable, and Asset Management teams to ensure effective communication and understanding between the teams.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks.
- Assist in identification of process improvement opportunities, and work with the management team to implement those improvements.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Effective team player with interest in playing a key role in the success of a fast-growing company.
- Ability to apply critical thinking when approaching assigned tasks, with the goal of improving quality and streamlining processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy, and ability to document work clearly and concisely.
- Persistence and strong communication skills to resolve problems effectively and efficiently with others across the business.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in an accounting position required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Experience with multi-entity organization structures (like real estate or construction industries) reporting and related accounting is a plus.
- Public Accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with an ERP system, Sage Intacct and SAP Business One software is a plus.
- $115,000-$130,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.