Location: Ashley, IN | Role: Rotating Equipment Specialist | Department: Plastics Maintenance | Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
As a pivotal member of our team, the rotating equipment specialist plays a central role in safeguarding the optimal performance and health of rotating equipment. Leveraging a diverse range of technologies, including vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis, and performance monitoring, you’ll be at the forefront of ensuring the reliability and efficiency of crucial machinery. In close collaboration with managers, operations personnel, engineers, and maintenance teams, you’ll tackle troubleshooting and repair challenges head-on. The core responsibilities encompass the implementation of preventive/predictive maintenance programs and innovative solutions for enhancing the performance of both rotating and mechanical systems of our Ashley Circularity Center.
- Equipment Health Analysis: Collect, analyze, and report on the condition of rotating equipment using various technologies such as vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis, and performance monitoring of pumps, motors, compressors, and engines.
- Maintenance Expertise: Plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute major equipment installations, maintenance, overhauls, and inspections for industrial mechanical and rotating systems, including compressors, pumps, gearboxes, cooling towers, and piping systems.
- Effective Communication: Collaborate with equipment owners, supervisors, operators, and engineers to optimize preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities to minimize downtime and maximize efficiency.
- Reliability Programs: Assist in developing and maintaining programs for vibration analysis, thermal inspections, and lube oil analysis. Establish routes and frequencies for inspections.
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis: Investigate equipment problems, conduct root cause failure analysis, develop action plans to prevent repeat failures, and implement corrective actions. Support root cause analysis for major failures.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support for the repair and operation of all types of rotating equipment, assist in startup procedures, and contribute to turnaround planning and cost estimation.
- Chronic Asset Resolution: Identify and resolve chronic mechanical asset issues (bad actors) to enhance overall equipment reliability.
- Contractor Management: Occasionally oversee contractors, define overhaul scopes, and coordinate service technician activities.
- Technical Expertise: Apply specialized knowledge in lubrication, mechanical seals, vibration analysis, machine monitoring, IR thermography, and ultrasound to improve equipment performance.
- Spare Parts Management: Determine spare parts requirements and specify parts for procurement, ensuring timely availability.
- Safety Promotion: Actively participate in and promote safety programs to maintain a safe working environment.
- Support Capital Projects: Provide engineering expertise for specifying, designing, and constructing projects in line with future plant requirements.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Assist with operations of the Ashley Circularity Center.
- Help maintain a safe, environmentally sound, and optimized center.
- Ensures that quality issues are adequately managed and communicated.
- Participates in the commissioning to startup of center.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Associate degree in engineering and minimum 2 years of experience in rotating equipment / mechanical maintenance/ reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment OR Non-degreed with minimum of 5 years of experience in the maintenance of rotating equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Category I certification in vibration analysis
- Entry level knowledge of oil analysis
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Strong computer and standard software experience (MS Office, E-Mail, CMMS, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use, application and maintenance of vibration data acquisition software and the diagnostic equipment used to track the health of the site’s critical rotating machinery.
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze vibration and oil analysis data.
- Knowledge of general rotating equipment fundamentals such as assembly fits and tolerances
- $31.50-$46/ hour
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Please apply at Paylocity.