Location: Ashley, IN
In general, the incumbent will design, analyze, test, validate, and improve mechanical components and processes in a novel plastics-to-fuel process. This role applies principles of engineering, physics, and materials science as well as an understanding of core areas including mechanics, kinematics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, chemistry, life sciences, and electricity along with tools like computer-aided design and product lifecycle management to design and improve systems in the plastics to fuel process. Conduct assessments of current process designs, design new processes and equipment and develop recommendations for improvements. Manage vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers in producing new system components. Prepare work plans, hazard analyses, standard operating procedures, test plans, and test reports. Administer systems to ensure mechanical integrity is maintained in our processes. Work seamlessly with a cross-disciplinary team including operators, technicians, process managers, and other engineering disciplines to test and implement solutions and improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes Brightmark’s core values and vision.
- Learn and understand new technologies and solutions
- Identify potential improvements in equipment and processes within the plastics-to-fuels process
- Evaluate off-the-shelf and vendor solutions
- Design new systems and solutions as needed
- Maintain design drawings and version control as necessary
- Develop test/safety plans and apply scientific rigor and discipline to validate improvements/solutions
- Manage projects within time and budget constraints
- Implement and test solutions in the plant setting safely with minimal interruption to process operation
- Independently set and achieve goals and milestones
- Interact clearly, comfortably, and respectfully with all staff and internal and external clients
- Prepare technical reports and deliver internal presentations
- Teach, mentor and train other staff
The Following is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with computer-aided design software
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
The Following is Desired
- Experience with chemical manufacturing or recycling processes
- Experience with computation fluid dynamics and/or finite element modeling
All Brightmark Energy Plastics Division associates are responsible and accountable for:
- Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment, and risk control.
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries, and property damage at the workplace.
- Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Ashley Indiana Plant is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please send cover letters and resumes to AshleyCareers@brightmark.com