Location: Ashley, IN | Role: Mechanical Engineer | Department: Maintenance | Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Plastics Maintenance team. The candidate is expected to design, analyze, test, validate, and improve mechanical components and processes in a novel plastics-to-fuel process. This role applies principles of engineering, physics, and materials science as well as an understanding of core areas including mechanics, kinematics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, chemistry, life sciences, and electricity along with tools like computer-aided design and product lifecycle management to design and improve systems in the plastics to fuel process. Conduct assessments of current process designs, design new processes and equipment and develop recommendations for improvements. Manage vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers in producing new system components. Prepare work plans, hazard analyses, standard operating procedures, test plans, and test reports. Administer systems to ensure mechanical integrity is maintained in our processes. Work seamlessly with a cross-disciplinary team including operators, technicians, process managers, and other engineering disciplines to test and implement solutions.
- Executes Brightmark’s core values and vision
- Learn and understand new technologies and solutions
- Identify potential improvements in equipment and processes within the plastics-to-fuels process
- Evaluate off-the-shelf and vendor solutions
- Design new systems and solutions as needed
- Maintain design drawings and version control as necessary
- Develop test/safety plans and apply scientific rigor and discipline to validate improvements/solutions
- Manage projects within time and budget constraints
- Implement and test solutions in the plant setting safely with minimal interruption to process operation
- Independently set and achieve goals and milestones
- Interact clearly, comfortably, and respectfully with all staff and internal and external clients
- Prepare technical reports and deliver internal presentations
- Teach, mentor and train other staff
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Mechanical support of the full-scale operation of the plastic conversion facility.
- Successful implementation of mechanical integrity programs utilizing the guidance of PSM.
- Participate and lead equipment modification, design, turn around and commissioning activities with Management of Change responsibility
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology preferred with at least 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with computer-aided design software
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Experiences with chemical manufacturing. Recycling, or refinery is preferred
- $90,000-$110,000 per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan with 100% match of the first 2% contributed
- Paid parental leave
- Generous paid time off
Please apply at Paylocity.