Location: Ashley, IN
Position will serve as the local administrator and responsible for the application development and user setup of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software applications, work planning, work order, and part / inventory functionality of the software. This position is primarily responsible for the implementation support, training, maintenance, functional improvements, day to day operation, system integrations and reporting for Brightmark’s asset management and work order management systems. Routinely interacts and collaborates with multiple departments including engineering, project management, operations personnel to support other technology applications and data management. This position will work closely with leadership on Goals and Objectives to ensure continuous improvement and innovation to ensure maximum utilization of system capabilities in meeting our expectations and development of improved capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to ensure our mission and objectives are achieved for the plant and maintenance department.
- Local asset management administration to support end-users of the application in areas such as: reviewing and auditing user access, develops training materials, training end-users, delivering reports in support of business operations, maintaining online system documentation, researching and correcting moderately complex system errors and tracking system issues and resolutions
- Analyzes business processes and user needs to prepare and distributes routine and develop custom reports such as preventative maintenance vs. reactive maintenance, performance statistics and planning tools.
- Performs and coordinates user interface and data quality assurance and assists users (Production Maintenance, Engineering, and Technicians) with CMMS issues
- Supports the implementation of new information technology systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Working with management to identify opportunities to automate/ improve processes and functions
- Partners with technology/management staff and vendors as needed in software development, configuration and/or upgrade/enhancement efforts
- Quality Data Assurance to ensure the data collection, entry, and validation of asset data into CMMS, including data corrections, updates and validation.
- Ensure and verify required data complies with contract specifications and internal company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for analyzing field activity data and ensuring the accuracy of the asset record in the maintenance management system.
- Works with team on continuous improvement initiatives specific to inventory, asset, and labor management
- Responsible for setup, automation, and optimization of reports utilized for trending and operational KPIs
- Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Coordinates database customizations for new customers and projects
- Coordinates new customer system implementations, data entry, asset records, and setup of all associated areas including preventative maintenance scheduling and setup of inventory stockrooms
- Coordinates workload optimization including proper work order entry, optimization of asset records, preventative maintenance procedures and schedules, and optimization of reporting features for quick and easy lookup of history and trends
- Works closely with internal end users within the maintenance team to ensure proper data entry and procedures are carried out to ensure data integrity
- Works with team to build standard procedures and provides training both internal and external on proper data entry specific to application functionality and features
- Utilizes strong, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, data connections, graphing, conditional formatting, formulas, and VBA Macros) to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Assists with project planning and coordination
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for best practices with use of CMMS
- Work closely with the finance department on software setup, integration/training, and process documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Science or equivalent technical degree with more than five (5) years of experience in the maintenance field
- Six (6) years of experience in a maintenance organization in roles such as maintenance technician or supervisor
- Four (4) years of experience in a planning/scheduling function in manufacturing
- Proficient in the use of any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); database owner or administrator is preferred
- General knowledge in Facilities, Utilities and Manufacturing equipment, maintenance procedures and spare parts management
- General knowledge of planning and scheduling principles and processes related to maintenance practices
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of maintenance processes such as: maintenance, repair and operation (MRO), preventive maintenance, administration, planning and scheduling ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Dependable and team player
- Ability to effectively lead, learn, teach, and grow.
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance, and coaching.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and work on a computer for lengthy periods of time during the workday.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Paid Vacation
- Disability Assistance
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Plastics Renewal Ashley Indiana Plant is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.