Location: Ashley, Indiana
Department: Plastics Operations | Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) or Plastics Operations team. The candidate is expected to support the team by repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment, inspecting equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer’s specifications, and diagnosing equipment malfunctions and making repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Executes Brightmark’s core values and vision.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on pumps, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Interact with the use of the CMMS to open, perform, and complete work orders issued by the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Clerk.
- Willing to be on-call for emergency repairs.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing team members of routine preventive maintenance techniques’ monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine level.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Technical certification in mechanical maintenance preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in industrial maintenance
- Knowledge/experience with 5-S, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing principles in a continuous flow environment.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please email your resume and cover letter to AshleyCareers@brightmark.com