Location: Ashley, Indiana
We are looking for qualified candidates to join our team as Maintenance Mechanics. The position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
The position reports to the Maintenance Manager at the Brightmark Plastics Renewal plant in Ashley Indiana.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes Brightmark’s core values and vision.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on pumps, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Interact with the use of the CMMS to open, perform, and complete work orders issued by the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Clerk.
- Willing to be on-call for emergency repairs.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing team members of routine preventive maintenance techniques’ monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine level.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Technical certification in mechanical maintenance preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in industrial maintenance
- Knowledge/experience with 5-S, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing principles in a continuous flow environment.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to AshleyCareers@brightmark.com