Location: Ashley, IN
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall management of the maintenance of the plant, with a specific focus on mechanical, electrical, and ground functions. The Maintenance Manager drives a culture of safety, setting expectations, standards, and reinforcing positive behavior during the course of daily business. The Maintenance Manager is responsible to drive continuous improvement by adhering to all Company policies and procedures, assuring safety, quality, and quantity of products produced. Identifies areas of opportunity and ability to develop a plan of action to correct issues, ultimately leading successful efforts to correct identified needs.
The position reports to the Plant Manager of Brightmark Plastics in Ashley, Indiana.
- Provide strategic and operational direction and decision-making to the maintenance team members in support of company goals.
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Support turnaround and shutdown planning and execution through active participation in scope development, providing justification for work items, and providing support during commissioning of equipment, shutdowns/startups, and outage timeframes
- Assuring team members performs work safely and in compliance with environmental regulations
- Responsible to drive implementation/continuous improvement to assure the safety/quality/quantity of the products produced.
- Establishes and manage a computerized maintenance management system for tracking orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Drive effectiveness of the storeroom and spare parts inventory to ensure that needed parts are available.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all equipment through the use of preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Work with the cross-functional leadership team to prioritize plant needs, ensure weekly maintenance scheduled work is planned, and manage day-to-day maintenance support to the plan.
- Develop and manage the maintenance operating and capital project budgets and supports other departments with developing spending plans
- Oversee and manage expenditures and continuously track, manage and adjust spending to ensure performance to budget plans.
- Participate in setting strategic directions, policies, and assist in overall decision-making, in regard to operations of the entire facility as a contributing member of the Management team.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, train, and develop maintenance employees creating collaborative and engaged teams.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, lead shutdown planning, review all pending inspections prior to shut down, and conduct daily formal meetings with operations and maintenance team during shutdown periods.
- Responsible for managing preventive and predictive maintenance initiatives and programs.
- Manages maintenance labor and expense to meet plant budget.
- Manage all personnel issues within the maintenance department including employee complaints and concerns, disciplinary activities, performance reviews, and training needs.
- Participates in construction and start-up responsibilities.
- Maintain the plant utilities and consumables Oversee contracts with service providers to maintain outsourced plant functions where appropriate.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of a high-quality, high-performing, and diverse workforce.
- Consistent with Preventive Maintenance Program, shall lead to optimizing warehouse inventory stocking levels to ensure needed spares are on hand available and that excess parts inventory is minimized
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization on maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Responsible for compliance to all federal, state, corporate Safety, Environmental and Quality standards, and leading industry practices.
- Responsible for assuring all company policies, rules and guidelines are being followed and administered in a fair and consistent manner.
Experience & Education
- Ten (10) years of progressive maintenance experience in a refinery, chemical, petrochemical, or industrial facility preferred
- Five (5) years in a maintenance or engineering leadership role
- Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams through professional, respect, and focus on high standards
- Knowledge of ISO14000 and ISO 9001 is preferred
- Align and drive deliverables through safety and core value leadership
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance, and coaching.
- Knowledge of the core principles of 5-S, Six Sigma, or lean manufacturing and waste reduction
- Strong working knowledge of Process Safety Management and Continuous Improvement methods
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Plastics, Ashley Indiana Plant is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to AshleyCareers@brightmark.com