Location: Ashley, IN
Role: Maintenance Lead | Department: Plastics Operations | Reports to: Team Solids Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Maintenance Lead to join the Plastics Operations team. The candidate is expected to support the team by acting as an on-shift lead support resource for a small team of maintenance technicians under the direct support of the Maintenance Manager and Coordinator. This will be a hands-on position that will provide preventative and predictive maintenance, along with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repair, rebuild, and replacement of components and parts. Your primary focus is to maintain manufacturing equipment to ensure safety, quality, and production standards are met.
- Direct daily activities of the maintenance technicians.
- Delegate resources to ensure equipment and facilities are maintained in good, clean, and safe operating condition and to ensure rapid response to plant and equipment failures.
- Be a technical resource for a wide variety of maintenance work that includes the maintenance of structures, electrical systems, heating systems, plumbing, machine repair, hydraulics, pneumatics, logic controllers.
- Train and coach assigned employees on proper work techniques, procedures, standards of conduct.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment by taking appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Take pride and ownership in task and job performed while ensuring operational safety, plant performance and line uptimes are optimized.
- Follow established maintenance processes and required standards of excellence.
- Maintain Job task assignments and tasks performed through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Complete work order assignments within the given amount of time directed. Report any need for deviation through proper channels.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement initiatives and Root Cause Analysis is essential.
- Research and recommend improvements based on recognized repetitive failure or substandard manufacturing practices, environment compatibility, etc. are expected.
- Optimize and refine PMs based on findings, such as frequency, task list, etc.
- Provide support for opposing shifts, maintenance related activity and/or projects.
- Daily interaction with production team related items as needed.
- Share any newly learned discoveries pertinent to repair or troubleshooting techniques that will assist team to respond more efficiently and safely.
- Assist in the training of new Maintenance team members and other Brightmark employees including validating work performed as required.
- Communicate and converse professionally and technically with management, operations, engineering, and other resources to solve machine related issues and take appropriate steps keeping equipment in peak operational condition.
- Rotate and understand all equipment functions of the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or plant engineers.
- Provide positive leadership while being a team player.
- Share knowledge with co-workers and strive to meet personal and company business goals and objectives.
- Take an active role in the Process Safety Management and 5s program.
- Set the example for the team and be able to mentor technicians in the correct procedures, processes, and work practice to provide safe, reliable, and efficient operations.
- Uphold our safety principles and demonstrate Operating Discipline in how we work.
- Deliver operating efficiency targets while minimizing shutdowns and investigating those which do occur.
- Ensure Regulatory & Safety Critical Equipment is identified and maintained
- (Point of Contact) for emergent work and troubleshooting response with Brightmark operations, utilities, and engineering team.
- Planning Support – Assure work is valid, prioritized correctly, planned appropriately.
- Scheduling Support –assure right work at the right time, resource availability.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org