Location: Ashley, Indiana
Responsible for the health, safety, and security (HSS) compliance at Brightmark in Ashley Indiana. The HSS Manager will design, implement, and manage Occupational Safety and Health programs at our plant. This position will interface with all departments to ensure all processes are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
The position reports to the Plant Manager of Brightmark Ashley, Indiana Plant
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures operational excellence regarding safety performance and compliance by controlling risk.
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Conducts safety educational trainings on a regular basis
- Conducts orientations, educates, and trains employees on health, safety, and security company policies and procedures.
- Provide Safety leadership, training, and operational support to all levels of the organization and across all functional groups.
- Ensures all Health, safety, and security processes and procedures are implemented and standardized across the Brightmark manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate process Safety Management Program
- Enforce all safety, industrial hygiene, and loss prevention policies
- Tracks company health and safety metrics and use the data to identify and reduce risk.
- Maintains expert OSHA compliance knowledge
- Accompanies OSHA Compliance Officers during site audits
- Responds to OSHA findings
- Perform all OSHA regulated reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assists in all aspects of incident investigation including verifying root cause and approving the implementation of preventative actions
- Ensures emergency response systems, policies, and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations.
- Manage PPE program for site
- Maintains safety manuals and job hazards awareness information
- Plans for evacuation, emergency response, storm procedures, and temperature extremes
- Develops a strong relationship with occupational health service providers to ensure the quality of care and follow up with employees when services are needed.
- Return to work medical restrictions and authorizes when appropriate
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership in H&S program management and compliance
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills. Possess strong verbal/written communications and be able to interface effectively with all skill levels
- Strong administrative skills, with efficiency in developing tasks and leading resources to achieve target dates.
- Knowledge of analytical HSS risk assessment techniques
- Highly ethical, with confirmed ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Preferred BA/BS degree in business, management, health & Safety or equivalent combination of education and health & Safety related experience
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Ashley Indiana Plant is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to AshleyCareers@brightmark.com