Location: San Francisco, CA/ Hybrid
Role: FP&A Analyst
Reports to: FP&A Manager
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking an FP&A Analyst to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) or Plastics Finance team. The candidate is expected to support the team by completing monthly project-level FP&A activities, including preparation of monthly cash forecasts, quarterly/monthly lender and investor reporting packages and an annual budget. This role will also be responsible for internal and external reporting which may include balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows as requested by executive management and investors. The FP&A Analyst will work cross-functionally in the organization and interact with executives, lenders and investors, assisting in scaling FP&A practices and implementing tools and processes to support Brightmark’s high growth environment.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly compliance packages for investors and lenders, including project- level financial statements, budget vs forecast reports, debt compliance metrics, and cash distribution forecasts.
- Prepare and communicate monthly budget vs actual analysis, including annual forecasts.
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with legal documents, agreements, policies, and internal controls.
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, assets managers, lenders and investors.
- Meet internal deadlines for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activities.
- Assist with special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- To be successful in this role, you must be a curious, detail- oriented and collaborative individual with strong communication skills, and the ability to multi-task in a startup environment
- Delivering high quality reports on a timely basis for external and internal reporting purposes
- Owning and building complex financial forecasts that are predictive of the project’s performance
- Performing insightful financial analyses, including identifying key variances, opportunities and issues to management
- Establish and nurture relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business or related field.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in corporate or project finance, FP&A or accounting
- Experience with multi-entity organization structures (similar to real estate industry), reporting and related accounting is preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning, process management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with management, lenders, investors and external auditors.
- Persistent problem solver who can resolve problems independently, effectively and efficiently with business partners. Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, look ups and sumif, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple, ongoing assignments on a timely basis and keep management informed of changes to timelines.
- Team focused. Effectively collaborate and share knowledge with various departments and levels throughout the organization.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- $79,000.00 – $132,000.00/year