Location: San Francisco, CA/Hybrid
Role: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Reports to: Director, FP&A
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) or Plastics Finance team. The candidate is expected to support the team by executing monthly project-level and corporate-level FP&A activities, including preparation and supervision of monthly cash forecasts, quarterly/monthly lender and investor reporting packages and an annual budget. This role will also be responsible for internal and external reporting which may include balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows as requested by executive management and investors. The FP&A Manager will work cross-functionally in the organization and interact with executives, lenders and investors, and will also advance FP&A practices and implement tools and processes to support Brightmark’s high growth environment.
- Effectively supervise up to 4 Analysts in providing deliverables for internal reports and compliance requirements and developing Analysts and nurturing team dynamics
- Review and oversee the delivery of high-quality reports on a timely basis for external and internal reporting purposes
- Advancing financial forecasts to be predictive of the project’s performance
- Performing insightful financial analyses, including identifying key variances, opportunities and issues to management
- Establish and nurture relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance packages for investors and lenders, including project-level financial statements, debt compliance metrics, and cash distribution forecasts.
- Lead the budget, forecast and internal reporting processes.
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with legal documents, agreements, policies, and internal controls.
- Lead or assist with special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- To be successful in this role, you must be a curious, detail-oriented and collaborative individual with strong communication skills, and the ability to multi-task in a startup environment.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business or related field.
- 6+ years of applicable experience in FP&A, corporate or project finance, or accounting.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with multi-entity organization structures (similar to real estate industry), reporting, forecasting and related accounting is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and overseeing high performing teams
- Strong analytical, planning, process management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with management, lenders, investors and external auditors.
- Team focused. Effectively collaborate and share knowledge with various departments and levels throughout the organization.
- Persistent problem solver who can resolve problems independently, effectively and efficiently with business partners. Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple, ongoing assignments on a timely basis and keep management informed of changes to timelines.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, look ups and sumif, etc.).
- Workday Adaptive or similar experience preferred
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
- $106,000.00 – $176,000.00/year