Location: Ashley, IN
Role: Electrical Engineer | Department: Engineering | Reports to: Technology Officer
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the engineering team. The candidate is expected to support the team by designing, developing, engineering, improving, and validating new projects for a novel plastics-to-fuel process. This role applies principles of engineering and project management and requires a general understanding of areas such as process controls and instrumentation, electrical power delivery, kinematics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and chemistry, along with tools like computer aided design and project tracking software. Conduct assessments of current process designs, design new processes and equipment, and develop recommendations for improvements. Manage vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers in producing new system components. Work seamlessly with a cross disciplinary team including operators, technicians, process managers, other engineering disciplines and finance team to conceptualize, implement and track projects, solutions, and improvements. Trouble shoot instrumentation, controls, electrical problems, and electrical systems and processes, and suggest and implement improvements to the same. Ensure that designs and installations are safe, maintainable, and meet or exceed relevant standards and codes.
- Engineering support to drive reliability and efficiency to asset’s electrical equipment.
- Assist with start-up and commissioning of new plant.
- Conceptualize improvements over existing designs.
- Assist/Lead in electrical equipment root cause failure analysis and in the development of standard practices and procedures.
- Learn and understand new technologies and solutions.
- Identify potential improvements in equipment and processes within the plastics-to-fuels process.
- Plan/asset maintenance & outage planning
- Provide recommendations for equipment selection on new and existing systems.
- Evaluate off-the-shelf and vendor solutions.
- Analyze and provide recommendations based on electrical equipment testing reports.
- Support operations to manage contract electrical equipment testing
- Analyze, track and trend electrical testing data and make prediction/recommendations based on this data.
- Design new systems and solutions as needed.
- Manage projects within time and budget constraints.
- Independently set and achieve goals and milestones.
- Interact clearly, comfortably, and respectfully with all staff and internal and external clients.
- Prepare technical reports and deliver internal presentations.
- Teach, mentor and train other staff.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with experience in controls in the Oil & Gas and chemicals industry or similar.
- Experience with project management.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with electrical control systems troubleshooting, testing procedures, requirements, methodologies, and sequencing.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.