Location: San Francisco, CA/Remote
Role: Data Analyst | Department: Environmental Markets | Reports to: Senior Director, Environmental Markets
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) team. The candidate is expected to support the team by ensuring QA/QC on a very fine scale and successfully generating reports.
- Create reports using the data acquisition tools available for monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports.
- Perform continuous improvement on existing report templates and collaboratively develop templates for new projects.
- Routinely run report templates and send results to appropriate parties, with an emphasis on clarity and regularity.
- Routinely evaluate data quality, and clearly document issues with data reliability, validity, precision, and accuracy.
- Help develop and execute strategies to correct data quality where needed. Keep clear records about when/how data was changed.
- Work with Manager of Environmental Markets to provide updates on what has and has not been completed (regarding monthly, and quarterly data).
- Work with 3rd party entities and internal stakeholder for ad hoc requests.
Success Criteria (what success will look like in this role):
- Gain an understanding of how RNG is created and how environmental credit generation is achieved
- Understand the regulatory reporting requirements for each project.
- Pay detailed attention to large data sets and ensure QA/QC on a very fine scale.
- Be able to effectively communicate data issues with internal and external staff, including regulators.
- Understand the different operating conditions for each project and how it impacts data synthesis.
- Review data and fulfill reporting requirements on multiple projects prior to deadlines.
- Can provide solutions to data and/or reporting issues.
- Be able to propose innovative ideas for automation and/or streamlining data synthesis.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Experience with writing formulas in Excel (Data tables, Pivot tables, Macros)
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Programming with SQL, VBA, OSI PI desirable
- Self-starter/independent & accountable
- Cross-team collaboration experience
- $73,000-$87,000 per year
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please apply at Paylocity.