Location: San Francisco, CA
Challenging entry‐level position that offers a wide range of tax and compliance experience. Excellent opportunity tailored as an introduction to corporate accounting.
- Perform compliance functions and/or payment calculations necessary to achieve accurate and timely multi‐entity compliance reporting and filings, including income tax and sales and local taxes (SALT).
- Duties include preparation of SALT filings and support schedules across the organization.
- Preparation of selected monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations of tax related general ledger accounts.
- Ownership of assigned area, including understanding underlying business issues affecting that area, and effectively and efficiently translating that understanding into a clear and concise work product.
- Assist with Accounts Payable department workload as requested.
- Assist with ad‐hoc projects as requested, and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes.
- Preparation of support schedules for auditors and tax consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Demonstrated understanding of and participation in tax and/or regulatory compliance reporting preferred.
- Preparation of schedules for and interactions with external auditors and tax preparers a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team along with the ability to work well independently, as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy, and ability to document work clearly and concisely.
- Persistence and strong communication skills needed in order to resolve problems effectively and efficiently with others across the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel), with knowledge of advanced features such as pivot tables and look ups.
- Experience in public accounting with tax emphasis is a plus.
- Experience in an accounting or finance position is a plus.
- This position is expected to be based in the San Francisco office up to 3 days a week (absent COVID restrictions).
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.