Location: Ashley, Indiana
Role: Ashley Plant Controller | Department: Finance | Reports to: Brightmark Controller
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking a Plant Controller to join our growing Ashley facility. The Plant Controller functions as the primary finance support to the manufacturing, material procurement and management teams. This position is responsible for plant level accounting activities including the plant level purchase to pay, shipping to cash, inventory and fixed asset processes. This role is also responsible for primary support of the plant’s SAP Business One system. This person will also support the Brightmark’s Corporate Accounting accounts payable process and monthly close activities and will work closely with FP&A to support the budgeting and forecasting process for the plant.
This position will have direct reports and work closely with all department leaders to understand operational issues and how they impact the financial results and educate/inform departments on cost drivers and variances.
- Lead the plant finance team on a day-to-day basis and support the team’s professional growth and interactions throughout the Ashley facility. Provide leadership and direction to staff and foster their development and that of broader teams.
- Interact seamlessly with a variety of functional areas, including construction, manufacturing, plant management, corporate finance management and executives.
- Enhance cross-functional workstreams in support of achieving efficient and effective plant operations by promoting a culture of innovation and continuously challenging staff to pursue process improvement initiatives, automation enhancements and idea generation.
- Oversight of the purchase to pay processes including working with and educating internal users/stakeholders on the purchasing process, managing vendor relationships and maintaining accurate vendor/invoice level forecasts of costs.
- Oversee inventory management including coordination of physical and cycle counts, resolution of problem areas and maintenance of procedures. Review and maintain financial and standard cost accounting processes and controls.
- Work with FP&A, business partners and executives to synthesize information used to manage plant level cash flow in both the short (6 weeks) and long (12months) periods and support of quarterly/monthly lender reporting packages.
- SAP Business One is utilized for purchase to pay, fixed assets and Inventory management. Responsibilities include overseeing system training/ support/ functionality, managing third party vendor support vendor and implementing system and processes automation to enhance reporting and functionality as the plant prepares for the operational phase.
- Provide support of monthly close activities, including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and leading the process to determine monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals. This includes supporting the activities of the corporate accounting department to ensure accurate and timely analysis and presentation of financial reports.
- Team leader for annual capital and operating budget preparation/submission for the Ashley facility, along with appropriate variance analyses and other supporting details as may be required.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of experience with an emphasis in financial and cost accounting experience focused in manufacturing environments. Preference is given to experience providing cost accounting oversight in large manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated substantive supervision experience with an emphasis on building high performing teams, including the ability teach, train, and develop direct reports as well as key stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally both within the finance organization as well as across the business. This includes working with employees at all levels, from entry level to executive management.
- Demonstrated experience as a business partner and financial leader to Plant Managers/General Manager of Business Units.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including journal entry preparation and review, reconciliation activities and financial reporting.
- Strong experience with inventory control, plant reporting metrics, capacity planning and providing and preparing operations focused financial analysis tools.
- Substantive in depth experience with fully integrated ERP manufacturing software. Experience with SAP or SAP Business One preferred.
- Strong time and project management skills a must, including experience creating, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking, reviewing, and ensuring completion of tasks by set deadlines.
- Expert level in Microsoft Office applications. Especially strong in Excel skills such as, v-lookup, pivot tables, complex formulas, ability to create and maintain financial models.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org