Location: Ashley, IN
Department: Plastics Operations | Reports to: Finance Controller
Brightmark tackles the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges with imagination, optimism, and activity that is making real progress toward a cleaner future. We do this by taking a holistic, closed loop, circular economy approach that has actual results. Driven by equal parts urgency and optimism, we Reimagine Waste. We deploy circular waste solutions, focused on plastics renewal (circular plastics) and anaerobic digestion (renewable natural gas), that disrupt the status quo and make actual change happen. Our programs are tailored as scalable project solutions that meet specific environmental needs around the world and in communities where people live and work.
Join us as we build toward a more livable future without waste!
We are seeking an accounting clerk to join the Plastics Operations team. The candidate is expected to support the team by assisting the Finance Controller with day-to-day accounting functions, communicating with vendors and customers (internal and external). They will process purchases orders & returns, vendor set up and associated paperwork for purchasing and invoicing. Detail-orientated, independent self-starter who demonstrated an unwavering commitment in having a record of high performance in challenging situations.
- Process daily purchasing requisitioners for the plant
- Process returns and exchanges as needed by plant
- Work with vendors on account set up and payment terms
- Gather invoice support (3-way matching), confirm account or project code, and entry into SAP.
- Communicate with Brightmark CA. Financial Department on weekly payment runs.
- Process weekly payment run, process online payments, and send remittances to vendors.
- Assist Finance Controller on software set up, integration/training and process documentation.
- Resolve any invoice or vendor related issues.
- Track spending and maintain documentation for Sales & Excise Tax
- Assist and support the Office Manager with their duties as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Finance Controller
- Accountable for maintaining a clean and safe workplace environment
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively increasing experience in accounts payable and/or receivable.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office Suite, with strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills in multiple settings and the ability to be an engaging change agent and culture – creator that can inspire and motivate
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations
- Ability and proven track record of working with diverse individuals at all levels to drive decision-making and results
- Dependable and team player
- Ability to effectively lead, learn, teach and grow
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance and coaching.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability Assistance
- Paid Vacation
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com